Blix’s entries for “History”. Click on each photo to view larger.
“Most people discard the past, always seeking the shiny and new. Rust is proof of the past. Rust is proof of history. Will our children even know what a television without a remote was like or what a rotary phone is? It’s funny to think that the gadget of tomorrow could one day be history.”
Ralph Martin’s entries for “History”. Click on each photo to view larger:
I have often thought of cars as time machines, driving forward into the future, while leaving the past in your rearview. Making history as you go along.History is what you make of it. To create history you don’t have to be a superstar athlete, model, actor, or a world leader. Wake up daily, jump in your car and head into the city, you are making history, YOUR history. Embraceyour daily adventures and make the most of them.High School reunions are a big part of your history, they remind you of how you were molded as a teenager. High School might have been the driving force behind what you are today. I had the pleasure of attending a 20 year High School reunion and I shared in some beautiful moments with my wife and her friends.History, your history, is what you make of it. Make it great.
While the Photoboxers are working on their photos, let’s get to know the challengers. This is the work of Ralph Martin.
- Originally from: California
- Strengths: Dedication, Passion, Eye for the shot
- Weaknesses: There are many, but all balanced with heart and determination.
Stay tuned to see how he fares against the mysterious Blix in Match #017!
Jhune Li’s entries for “Power”. Click on each photo to view larger.
Being a teenager instills a sense of power in oneself. It’s a critical transitional period before the responsibilities of adulthood- taxes, kids, spending ⅓ of your life at work, et cetera. There’s a part in all of us that wants to believe it won’t happen. No, not to us. We think we’ll magically stay young forever.
But the reality that no one is the exception starts to set in. To cope with that we act out. We cause trouble. We love recklessly. We do whatever it takes to make us feel invincible for as long as possible.
Phil’s entries for “Power”. Click on each one to view larger.
On the left:
- Heaping servings of Economy (founded on your acquisition of a scarce resource [such as the batteries which are coincidentally “power” as well]).
- Liberal amounts of Finances (money IS power).
- Precise measurements of Image Management (cars, clothes, and women; one must look the part).
- Concentrated doses of Intelligence (power your mind like you would power your body).
- And a dash of luck. Just a dash.
Consume and digest accordingly.
On the right: